Friday, January 30, 2009

Thing 3

Ah the blogosphere - a place for anyone and everyone to say whatever they want and share it with the world. How do you find the really good blogs? I'm not sure blog search engines are the way to go. For one thing, the search engines are not very intuitive. I searched for blogs about libraries that mention gaming in technorati and got a bunch of crap - they seem to be ranked by date only, not relevancy. Blog lines is nice because it has a relevancy and popularity sorter, but I still didn't get very good results. Both search engines returned the blog by the shifted librarian http://theshiftedlibrarian.com/, in which the author extoles the virtues of gaming in the library. I'm still not convinced...

It seems to me that a better way to find good blogs is just tooling around the internet, keeping an eye out for blogs on sites that you like to visit. That's how I found Jeff Master's weather blog (see link in Thing 1 post).

No comments:

Post a Comment