Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing 22

Sooo... looking back, I don't think I've learned that much from the 23 things, but I have to admit I did have fun. Web 2.0 is just one of the many things librarians who work the reference desk should keep up with. Personally, it was not necessary for me to do all of the things to learn about them. Reading about them (and then blogging about them) was enough. It is a neat idea, this whole 23 things thing, but I do take issue with some of the things that were chosen. In fact, looking back, most of them appear to have little relevance to my library work. I was already proficient in Flickr, and I possess enough cursory knowlege of the web to navigate most sites that are unfamiliar to me. Keeping up with web 2.0 as it applies to my work will not be that hard - winning a 23 Things prize is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment